Car Sharing – an Alternative to Car Rental
Car sharing seems like a simple enough idea, but there’s a reason Zipcar has become the leader of cars on demand. It’s not just about fewer cars and reducing congestion and pollution; it’s about finding sustainable solutions. This idea is bigger than all of us, and we’re committed to our mission: to enable simple and responsible urban living.
We’re on a mission to enable simple and responsible urban living—a future filled with more car-sharing members than car owners in major cities across the globe.
We do this every day by:
- Delivering on-demand vehicles that support environmental sustainability.
- Helping members save time, hassle and money in their everyday transportation.
- Freeing up city space through strategies that consider campus, urban, residential, commercial and city planning needs.
- Becoming a premier employer for talented, passionate people who thrive on changing the world for good.
- Living our core values, as a company and as individual team members from the Big Apple to Big Ben
How Zipcar Works
- Join in minutes – Apply online with a valid driver’s license. Most people are approved instantly and can book a trip within minutes.
- Drive on demand – Book a round trip car by the hour or day. Use our app to unlock and lock during your trip. We’ll also send you a Zipcard.
- Return – When you’re done, park the car in the same location you picked it up from, then end the trip with the app.
Why Car Sharing with Zipcar?
- Save money – Zipcar covers gas, insurance options,* parking, and maintenance for a potential savings of $600/month over car ownership.
- Cars near you – Zipcars live in your local neighborhood, and in cities, campuses and airports across the globe.
- Drive on-demand – No waiting in line at the counter. (No need to even search for your keys!) Just book and go.
- Go beyond public transit – Zipcar is the perfect complement to the bus and train—whether it’s local errands or weekend adventures.