Improving Transport Insights with Artificial Intelligence
At Vivacity, our vision is to make cities smarter, safer and more sustainable, helping to optimise the transport network and improve urban infrastructure with intelligent insights.
As we emerge from a life-changing year and work out new ways of living, how we move around and connect with our cities is crucial to the next stage of progress. Our mission is to support transport authorities on this transition, while maintaining a privacy-centric, citizen-first approach.
Our artificial intelligence sensors and Smart Junctions signal control gather detailed and anonymous data 24/7 on transport modes, traffic flow and travel patterns, supporting strategic decisions to help optimise the transport network and improve urban infrastructure.
- Better Data – We believe that cities deserve better datasets. We’re focused on providing unprecedented insight through video analytics to help cities improve their transport network.
- Modern Systems – We’re modernising the road transport system. We are building optimisation systems, from real-time prediction, traffic signal control to guiding connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Privacy-by-Design – We believe that all personal data should be protected. We are dedicated to using privacy-by-design principles to ensure that personal data is not compromised.
Detailed, accurate and anonymous data to help optimise the transport network and improve infrastructure.
Vivacity are supporting a wide range of users with detailed and anonymous transport data insights, along with AI-controlled Smart Junctions, to help optimise the transport network and improve urban infrastructure.
Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques, our technology enables accurate detection and classification of different transportation modes and movement patterns.
Our Smart Junctions are able to adapt quickly to changing traffic conditions and efficiently implement strategies at both local and city-wide scales to optimise traffic networks.
With access to real-time and historical data we are enabling organisations to understand more about past and current travel behaviours, and to assess the impact changes are making with benefits they deliver, helping to make cities smarter, safer and more sustainable.
Counts, Classification, Paths, Journey Time, Speed and More, All from the Same Sensor
- Classified Counts – Pedestrian – Cyclist – Motorbike – Car – Taxi – Van/LGV – OGV 1 – OGV 2 – Public Service Vehicles/Buses. E-scooters and micro mobility to be added in early 2021.
- Vehicle Path across the road space to understand how different vehicles interact and to assess junction turning counts.
- Median Journey Time of road users with number plates between any two sensors within the network.
- Speed to capture travel behaviour, stopped vehicle detection and identify queue formation.
- Social Distancing of the number of anonymous pedestrian/pedestrian interactions < 2m.
- Sensor Image on request, a blurred image or low-res video of the road space to help understand abnormal behaviour on a live data feed.
- Cloud-based data collection, where we can apply Artificial Intelligence to existing CCTV, for live and historic videos.
- Future predictions, where our state-of-the-art AI prediction approaches forecast traffic flows with unprecedented accuracy.
Our underlying technology is flexible for a wide range of applications. By incorporating computer vision algorithms, IoT hardware and control systems, and optimization algorithms, we can do anything a human can do to gather from the road, but in a much more efficient and effective way.
Detailed Transport Insights for a Diverse Range of Solutions
- Transport Planning & Active Travel – Supporting implementation of critical transport policies addressing congestion, sustainable travel, air quality and safety.
- Traffic Signal Control & Network Management – AI-controlled smart junctions and real-time road usage data to optimise traffic networks.
- Smart Cities & Urban Environment – Technology to transform cities into smarter and more efficient places to work and live.