Connected Transportation – Improve Safety, Mobility, and Operational Efficiency
For the past three decades, Cisco has been working tirelessly to securely connect the world in motion. Between where you are going and where you want to be, there’s a bridge. And at Cisco, we are the architects of possible. Cisco can help plan, build, manage and support your connected transportation goals.
For more information, visit: Cisco’s Portfolio for Transportation.
Cisco’s secure networking, collaboration, wireless, and data center technologies have long been a fixture in the industry — and our expanded portfolio offers practical, forward-thinking solutions for every mode of transportation.
- Mass transit – Track each fleet vehicle’s location, gain predictive maintenance capabilities, and offer uninterrupted Wi-Fi to passengers.
- Rail – Improve operational efficiency, simplify maintenance, and provide Wi-Fi onboard trains, at the trackside, and in stations.
- Roadways – Reduce traffic congestion and help save lives by providing safety and dynamic rerouting updates to travelers.
- Ports and Terminals – Enhance throughput and improve efficiency in container handling and terminal yards with Cisco industrial IoT solutions.
Achieve These Outcomes Today:
- Safety – Prevent accidents and collision-related deaths by providing safer travel alternatives.
- Security – Prevent breaches that could jeopardize your operations.
- Operational efficiency – Reduce human errors and update delays with automated software actions.
- Mobility – Help people get from place to place easier and faster so they can be more productive.
Cisco IoT Solutions for Connected Roadways and Intersections
Improve public safety, increase operational efficiency, and optimize traffic management with connected roadways and intersections.
- Improve roadway safety -Help to reduce the number and severity of crashes and motorist injuries. Provide faster incident response through real-time insights and automation.
- Enhance operational efficiency – Provide visibility into field devices, better uptime, remote management of devices, automated real-time weather, and traffic alerts.
- Reduce traffic congestion – Connect devices such as traffic lights, weather sensors, and cameras to optimize traffic flow, monitor road conditions, and detect violations.
- Lower carbon emissions – Regulate traffic flow to ease congestion and reduce vehicle idling time.
Connected cars. Autonomous vehicles. Hyperloop. Mobility-as-a-Service. Transportation is speeding ahead and evolving. What does the Future of Transportation hold for you?