The World’s First Personal Flying Experience for Everyone
We believe in a future where everyone can fly, and that future is starting right now. You may not believe it yet – but you will. Personal flight is one of humanity’s most enduring aspirations, but has historically only been available to a privileged few with the money, time and skill to fly traditional aircraft. We’re making the joy and utility of personal, vertical flight accessible to everyone.
What to Expect on Location
- Orientation – Check in at the LIFT location coming soon to your city. Before your first flight, you’ll sign a waiver and watch our orientation and safety videos.
- Train in the Sim – Before you fly, you’ll get comfortable with the basics in our virtual reality flight simulator, and then you’ll take a skills and knowledge proficiency test.
- Preflight – Our ground crew will walk you out to your aircraft, assist you with the simple preflight checklist in the LIFT app on your smartphone, and then get you boarded and buckled in. As your ground tech steps away, your heart will start racing as you feel a rush of adrenaline.
- Flight & modes – When in Beginner mode, you will go through an on screen tutorial – learning maneuvers just like in the simulator. After the tutorial, you will be free to fly around the designated, geofenced flight area for the remainder of your 8-15 minute flight. Build flight experience and unlock Sport and Group flying modes.
- Mission control – Every second of your flight is monitored by our highly trained and licensed primary and secondary flight controllers, whom you’ll have radio communication with and can take over remote control of your aircraft at any time, if necessary.
Meet Hexa – an Entirely New Type of Aircraft That Anyone Can Fly
- Distributed electric propulsion – Eighteen independent electric motors and propellers are the only moving parts needed for perfectly stable, controlled flight.
- Amphibious – Four perimeter floats provide stability while a large central float provides buoyancy for safe water landings.
- Simple to fly – A triply redundant autopilot computer with a single, 3-axis joystick is all that is needed to fly. Or tap on the seven inch touchscreen in “Look mom, no hands!” mode.
- Ultralight – With an airframe built entirely of carbon fiber, Hexa weights in only 432lbs. and is compliant with the FAA’s Powered Ultralight classification so no pilot’s license is required to fly. Don’t worry, we’ll give you plenty of training
- Exceptionally safe – Hexa can fly and land safely with up to six motors disabled, so you will likely never need the autonomous ballistic parachute or the whole aircraft airbag system. But it’s nice to know they are there.